Thursday, September 2, 2010

Playing with Panos in the Park

Sometimes you just need to look at things differently to see them in a whole new way.  I love hike and just be in the woods and I'm fortunate to have very close to me Oak Mountain State Park with about 30 miles of trails.  This is wonderful except that about all 30 miles of the trails looks pretty much the same.  It's a southern forest with lots of green trees and creeks and moss -- not many vistas or cool overlooks.  But, it's in my backyard, only about a ten minute drive,  and I can get away for half a day and spend some quality time with Sophie, my dog.

So today, I decided to try some panoramic images to see if things would look different.  I like these.  A couple are of the road I walked today. I stuck the easy trail, and the last one is the old CCC camp that is about three miles back in the woods.  The cabins were built in about 1937.  Several are still standing but many have just collapsed and are slowing being reclaimed by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment