Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trashing Wedding Dresses

To some people this sounds like a form of sacrilege.  "I can't believe anyone would want to do that!"  Or, "I spent so much for this dress, I couldn't imagine doing anything like that."  I usually respond by saying that my wife is trashing her wedding dress very slowly in a box in the attic.

Many of these young women have dreams that their daughter will someday were that same dress in her wedding.  Fat chance.

I know it's not for everyone, but it sure is fun and makes some fun photos.  And the dresses aren't really trashed, just gotten a little dirty.  One of our brides said she took her's to the cleaners and it came back just a good as new.

Recently we had the privilege of having two brides at one time let us make their photos at the beach.  We photographed Stacy's wedding at Hilton Head.  The next morning we met her and Blake along with her matron of honor Katie and her husband Brandon on the beach for a little photo fun.  I think the slide show will attest to the fun part.

No comments:

Post a Comment